Monday, June 28, 2010

The Unexpected

Hey sweet friends. I am so sorry that I took an unannounced and unexpected blogging break. I am okay. I am not eating ice cream to drown my sorrows that Brock's picture did not win the Bruster's Contest. Thank you all for voting; you did a great job! His picture did win one of ten 1st-place prizes. The puppy won the Grand Prize.

I have however been finding myself screaming,

"Let's go Moose!"
"Hit 'em hard!"
"That was a rip!"
"Great catch!"
"Nice block!"

from the sideline of the baseball diamond. We took a two week vacation around a baseball tournament that our son Mason played in Cooperstown, NY. We drove in my parents' motorhome. There were just eight of us this trip as my parents also went with us. It was a trip of a lifetime. It was so sweet of the Lord to allow it to be above and beyond what I could have imagined or expected.

We had so many unexpected turns down roads that took us through beautiful countryside and special historical places of this great country. I want to share the pictures with you. I have yet to upload them to my computer. We got back days ago. However, I have not put away all the clean laundry or sorted through all the mail. I have been running around like crazy trying to catch up, remembering as my dear friend Susan reminded me, "The trip back to reality is real short." I feel like I have not yet gotten acclimated to being home. I knew I had been gone for a really long time staying at many different camp grounds when I got in my shower at home and as my feet touched the wet tile unexpectedly, I thought, " Oh no, I forgot my shower shoes!" :)

4 comments:

Henley on the Horn said...

Welcome home. We have missed you. I'm so glad it was a sweet family trip. You continue to be in our prayers.

Paige Stanfield said...

So glad you're back! I've missed your updates.

alix said...

been thinking of you!!!

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

Don't take this as another thing to ad to your to-do list, but I wanted to let you know I gave you a "blog award." :)

Blog with Substance.