Friday, September 3, 2010

"The Baby"

Where did you come from baby dear?


Out of the everywhere into the here.


Where did you get your eyes so brown...{and sometimes blue}?


Out of the sky as I came through.


What makes the light in them sparkle and spin?


Some of the starry spikes left in.


Where did you get that little tear?


I found it waiting when I got here.


What makes your forehead so smooth and high?


A soft hand stroked it as I went by.


What makes your cheek like a warm white rose?


Something better than anyone knows.


Whence that three-cornered smile of bliss?


Three angles gave me at once a kiss.


Where did you get that pearly ear?


God spoke, and it came out to hear.


Where did you get those arms and hands?


Love made itself into hooks and bands.


Feet, whence did you come, you darling things?

From the same box as the cherubs' wings.


How did they all just come to be you?


God thought about me, and so I grew.


But how did you come to us, you dear?



God thought of you, and so I am here!

"The Baby" poem by George MacDonald

9 comments:

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

Adorable! (But I wanted to do these!)

:)

Faith Girl said...

She is so cute!!! That grin is adorable!

Tina said...

Awe. She is so precious! Love the poem.

Henley on the Horn said...

Sweetest thing ever! I loved this. We love you, LJ!

Anonymous said...

Precious!
Love You!
Ellen

Amy said...

What a beautiful baby!

doug said...

she's beautiful.
she got MikeBrowning eyes!!!

doug said...

she's beautiful.
she got MikeBrowning eyes!!!

Tracy Mixon Jackson said...

Nita, my name is Tracy Mixon Jackson, not sure if you remember me, we graduated from high school together. I came across your blog & I would like to say I'm so sorry for your loss. I just recently found out about your beautiful son. I want you to know I am in awe of your strength & faith. It really is inspiring. I don't know & can't even imagine what you're going through or have already been through. My best friend lost her 2 children in a car accident caused by a truck driver on drugs. They were age 13 & 16. Their 2 year old step-sister was also killed. This happened in 2001 & my friend is still grieving as much as the day it happened. I am referring her to your blog to see if she can gain strength through your words. God Bless! Tracy1011@vzw.blackberry.net